Director, Accounting and Finance
Canadian leader in veal and lamb processing, Montpak International is recognized for the quality of its products and the professionalism of its teams. In business since 1959, the company’s reputation, national visibility and expertise have made it, and the professionals that make it up, a reference in its sector of activity.
Concerned about its employees, the company offers a stimulating, family-oriented work environment and promotes business practices based on the principles of value-added work, stability, career development and balance.
Director, Accounting and Finance
Location: Laval, Qc
In collaboration with senior management, you will be responsible for all accounting, financial and budgetary activities of the company and you will ensure that the organization is equipped with the best management practices.
In a context of strong growth, you will standardize the accounting processes for all sites of operations, develop and monitor performance indicators and propose relevant management reports. You will play a strategic, management and operational role in a highly operational environment.
Your business acumen and accounting expertise will enable you to advise and guide the management committee. Your sense of entrepreneurship will enable you to use accounting results to the benefit of production activities.
Finally, your leadership and your mobilizing presence among the members of your team and the various departments will allow you to remain involved in the realization of the company’s projects.
- Provide financial management for 4 separate companies;
- Support and manage the accounting team consisting of 2 chief accountants, 2 technicians and 4 clerks;
- Responsible for the management of the IT team including 3 professionals and the implementation of an ERP system;
- Perform the preparation, analysis and presentation of financial statements to the management committee;
- Participate in the elaboration of budgets, action plans, objectives and strategies of the different companies;
- Ensure the achievement of objectives within the timeframe planned with the resources allocated;
- Carry out the necessary financial analyses (costing, financial statements vs. budgets, etc.) and present the information in an accurate and relevant manner;
- Carry out follow-ups and inventory control with the divisions;
- Standardize and ensure compliance with accounting standards and the internal control structure for each company;
- Work in close collaboration with members of senior management in carrying out special projects such as: acquisition projects, purchase and implementation of new equipment, implementation of an ERP system;
- Ensuring the administrative management of insurance, year-end, subsidies, etc.;
Skills sought :
- You have a university degree in accounting, finance and hold a recognized accounting designation;
- You have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in similar positions;
- Your past experience demonstrates your ability to structure and orchestrate the financial functions of a company;
- You are recognized as having an entrepreneurial spirit and you are committed to business development;
- You are bilingual, French and English.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact Marie-Bénédicte d’Haese, Senior Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org / 514.287.0770 x 255
This opportunity as Director, Accounting and Finance ? Please send your resume to the following address: email@example.com or directly via our website: